The important key to consider when hiring a financial advisor is to know what questions to ask. Most patrons of investment and financial planning services do not ask any basic questions when interviewing and picking a reliable financial advisor for their financial goals and specific needs.
It is true that choosing an unqualified financial advisor can result to financially catastrophic consequences on your monetary security. Checking your financial advisor’s background, compensation, philosophy, credentials, and experience in the financial industry can easily clear out the less proficient financial advisors and successfully simplify the decision making procedure in selecting a qualified financial advisor.
One of the most important qualifiers of a professional advisor is their level of experience in serving the financial needs of their clients. There are plenty of financial industry jobs which may give the impression of real-life client services experience, but in reality these jobs are not much more than sales, managerial or administrative in nature. In order to make sure that you will hire a professional financial advisor, here are the 7 questions you need to ask when selecting the best one.
- How many financial plans have you created for your clients?
- What firms or companies have you worked for as a financial advisor?
- How many years have you undergone training as a professional financial advisor?
- What is your training background, and where did you learn the proper way to diagnose, solve, and manage the financial problems of your clients?
- How long have you been actively making financial plans for your clients to assist them in attaining their financial goals?
- How long have you been endorsing insurance and investment products?
- How long have you been working with your clients as their professional financial advisor?
The 7 questions that are stated above will reap the valuable information you will need to make the best decision on your financial advisor’s experience level. When it comes to financial advisor experience, here are some of the important factors to consider when hiring a professional financial advisor.
- A good financial advisor should have 20 written financial plans- Regardless of whether you need a written financial plan or not, your financial advisor should completely understand the proper way to make financial plans.
- They should have a minimum of 3 years of experience- Financial advisors should have at least three years prior of taking the role as your financial advisor. Given the uncertainty and volatility of current times, it is easy to make a case for 10 years or more of practical, real-world experience.
- They should have a college degree- Having a College degree shows full dedication to their training. It is important that you hire a financial advisor that holds a college degree.
For those individuals who are looking for a qualified financial advisor, The Retirement Planning Group is the perfect company to consider and hire. They have professional and knowledgeable financial advisors who are always ready to serve and help you with your finances. If you are ready to hire someone, contact them today!
- The Emotional Roller Coaster of Investing - February 28, 2018
- Key Questions for the Long-Term Investor - December 13, 2017
- Are You Getting All of Your Social Security Benefits? - December 6, 2017
- Can You Tolerate the Speed at Which Your Investments Have You Going? - November 29, 2017
- Return on Investment and Expectations - November 1, 2017
- Did you know October is National Financial Planning Month? - October 11, 2017
- The 5 Stages of Building Wealth - October 4, 2017
- What Is Fiduciary Advice? - September 27, 2017
- Where Should My Retirement Income Really Come From? - September 20, 2017
- The Importance of Being Financially Independent - September 7, 2017