Are you planning to work with a financial advisor? If so, you must go with someone who has the experience and knowledge for your peace of mind. If it is your first time working with one, you will quickly find out that there are some important things that you must take into consideration.
Finding the right financial advisor for the job might take a bit more time than just searching through the yellow pages, but the investment of time would definitely be worthwhile when it comes to your peace of mind and assurance that you made the best decision.
Your finances and financial stability are one of the most important things to you. You need your money for many different things and without it, you would not be able to maintain the kind of lifestyle that you want. By hiring a financial advisor, you are getting help with your finances so that you can make better decisions with your money.
Understand the Differences in Service Offerings
There are financial advisors who provide financial planning services and not investment management. Some financial advisors have the expertise in the retirement income planning that is centered on the distribution, step whilst others specialize in the accumulation phase.
To find the right financial advisor for you to hire, you should realize the differences in the forms of services which might be offered. You should know which services your potential advisor may provide. These may include:
- Financial planning
- Retirement income planning
- Investment advisory services
Seek a Financial Advisor That Has Reputable Credentials
Not all credentials are alike. Some associations make it simple to get credentials for a fee so that salespeople can obtain “credentials” and appear to be an expert. To find a financial advisor with reliable credentials, you have to look for somebody who has their PFS or CFP (certified financial planner) designation, or you may look for an investment advisor who has a CFA. When you are near retirement, look for somebody who has specialized trainings within their field, such as RICP or RMA.
Know How the Financial Advisors are Compensated
There are different ways for a financial advisor to charge you. When hiring the right financial advisor for you, you should first find out how they are compensated. Some financial advisors use an asset based charge, an hourly fee, or commissions.
Use Search Engines for the Criteria
Online search engines could be an excellent way for narrowing down the search of a financial advisor who is within your zip code and has the credentials you might be searching for, or charge in a particular way that you would like.
If you are in need of a financial advisor now or in the near future, contact The Retirement Planning Group. They will be able to help you with all of your financial concerns, needs, and wants. They have a team of skilled professionals that have been working in their industry for many years and can help you today.
- The Emotional Roller Coaster of Investing - February 28, 2018
- Key Questions for the Long-Term Investor - December 13, 2017
- Are You Getting All of Your Social Security Benefits? - December 6, 2017
- Can You Tolerate the Speed at Which Your Investments Have You Going? - November 29, 2017
- Return on Investment and Expectations - November 1, 2017
- Did you know October is National Financial Planning Month? - October 11, 2017
- The 5 Stages of Building Wealth - October 4, 2017
- What Is Fiduciary Advice? - September 27, 2017
- Where Should My Retirement Income Really Come From? - September 20, 2017
- The Importance of Being Financially Independent - September 7, 2017