Can I Avoid Taking My RMD After Reaching My Required Beginning Date?
The rules surrounding RMDs are complicated and often require a few conversations with an advisor to understand the issues that must be considered.
To help make this easier, we have created the “Can I Avoid Taking My RMD After Reaching My Required Beginning Date?” flowchart.
This flowchart addresses common questions about RMDs if you have reached RMD age including:
- What to do if you forgot to take an RMD
- How the RMD is calculated
- How to handle multiple retirement accounts
- Which RMDs can be combined and which ones can not
- Considerations if you are still working or a business owner